My dad was a mismatched worker throughout all my year of growing up! I know he was overworked at his job when I was younger. As I look back, I strongly believe his work formed him into a work a holic. Some Saturdays when i was with him i remember going to his work. He would give me a game boy to play with while he worked for a few hours. During those days besides Satyrdays I remember my dad going to work by 7AM every morning and trying to get home by 5:30PM for supper, but it did not matter he brought work home with him. My dad tried to be a good family man, but was not very successful in that department. When he got let go from his job he got another one for a few year and then another.
Then he soon bought a bakery. I know bakeries are very busy, but it seemed he was never around. This bakery cut out even more of his family time and made it very minimal. Even when my mom became sick he still worked his heart out. He didn't set aside time specifically for us. He tried but I think he was brain washed by his first job into thinking how much time one has to work. I felt like I didn't have a dad half of the time.
Soon my dad got hit by a brick in the back of the head. He soon realized he had not been there for my mom and then she passed away soon after. For the last months he partnered with her until the end. At that point I finally saw my dad's maturity coming out. Plus, he figured out one does not need to work as much as he did.
When I was growing up I thought that it was the normal thing for a parent to work as much as my dad did. I hated my dad for it when I was growing up; especially since he took his frusturation out on my brother. I did not like seeing what I saw when I was younger between my brother and my dad. I wish this on no one else. Mismatched working like my dad did is not a good thing to have and my dad's sisters are the same way. Could it be heritary?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment